No doubt you have seen these URLs posted on the Web: http://bit.ly/e1s3sq and http://tinyurl.com/johnsmith. As soon as you click on one of these links, you are redirected to another URL, which is much longer. These shorter links are created using URL shortening services to prevent a long link being broken up and to make it easier to remember and use.
Miniweb 2.0 Link Shortener allows to you provide a similar URL shortening service on your site. In addition to making it easier for your site users to share your site contents, it also allows them to link traffic back to your site. As you may know, SEO ranking for your site can be improved if it is linked by a popular site. When your site users post your URLs on heavily trafficed blogs or social networking sites, they will help to raise your site SEO ranking.
The shortened URLs are generated randomly. However, a user can also specify a keyword for each URL. The keyword can only be used once. The user can log in to view URL statistics and make changes to the links.
What you can do:
• Host a link shortening service on your site
• Allow your site users to generate their own short links
• Accomodate both public and registered users
• Provide additional features for users in the login area
• Manage the links easily in the Admin area
• Back up and restore the entire database or specific tables
• Customize frontend text and language